Sunday 1 January 2012

INSPIRATIONAL WORK: Carl Warner


I discovered this unusual, innovative photographer a few days ago whilst watching The One Show's 'best of 2011' with my boyfriend. I was immediately drawn in when I realised that these beautiful 'landscapes' were actually made up of food! I just wanted to share some of his work with you because I think it's brilliant!

I can't remember the exact quote but whilst being interviewed he said something like: "At first people think that it's a photograph of a real landscape...and then they realise that it's made of food and smile." I thought that was nice :)





I hope you enjoyed these as much as I do! He has a book out called 'Food landscapes', and has another due to be realised called A world of food. I may buy it because it looks so wonderful, a whole book full of "magical lands made of things you can eat"! You can see it for yourself here.


Share:

5 comments

  1. ahh i saw this n all, the one show is my guilty pleasure.
    really love your blog, you must have made a pretty stylish kafka bug!

    Helen x
    http://helenandthegap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! this is so so cool! thanks for sharing!

    happy new year!
    xx

    www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are so vivid and energizing! and it’s food. what can be better?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. that is absolutely amazing.
    people who's brains conjure up ideas as innovative as that astound me.
    how doooo they do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's incredible!!! The best thing I've seen today! Thank you for sharing these!!

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion your Seatbelt | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig