Tuesday 14 April 2015

THREE WAYS TO WEAR | WHITE DUNGAREES





Since starting my new job back in January I've been terrible, I repeat, TERRIBLE with money. Excited by the regularity of "that time of the month", (payday that is), I've been eating out, enjoying mid-week wine and the most bank breaking of all, shopping. For once I am completely on board with summer trends and am finding it hard to resist retail therapy; either I'm having an early mid-life crisis or I've turned into a summer person!?

Back to the point - there are so many amazing styles on the high street at the moment! I popped into the Oxford Circus New Look the other day and found lots of great 70s bits as well as cute dresses and basic tops, they're a great go-to place when shopping on a budget. These adorable white dungarees for example are just £24.99! I was asked to style them in three different ways ready for summer... here's what I did!


I thought this vintage floral shirt looked super girly and cute - perfect for summer! As the dungarees are white it was actually harder than I thought to style them, just cos most of my wardrobe is quite dark and I don't like too much contrast in my outfits. Of course I still couldn't resist throwing my new black DMs into the mix though! (I had to throw my old ones away cos they were so trashed!)  

For my next two looks I chose to utilise the only two striped garments I own! This long sleeve funnel neck top is great because it's not really warm enough for bare arms yet, and I added t-bar shoes for a cute little twist. The last look is also very summery, I'll definitely be waiting till June to wear this one, brr! Again, I wore black Dr Martens and also my black leather backpack for an overall monochrome look.


Share:

10 comments

  1. Oh gosh, I just recently purchased some black dungarees completely avoiding the white option due to not knowing how on earth to style them! You however have hit the nail on the head here with these looks, will definitely reconsider buying some in white now :)

    Natasha | www.ofthesaints.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think dungarees are so cool and effortless, and I really like these white ones! Definitely going to check out new look- love the outfits you out together! x

    www.chloxlla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute piece for summer! You look great in all three outfits (obv) but the floral blouse combo is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these outfits, they look amazing! Those dungarees are great, I've not been tempted to buy any before but these white ripped ones are great!
    carpe-noctems.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of "wear the bib half", but otherwise very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all 3 looks! Really adorable ♥
    quirkycurlsfashion.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style so much! New follower :)

    http://japobsganbare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your outfits! I don't think I could pull off dungarees as I'm so petite!

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh so nice!

    where are your tops from? :))

    please check out my blog too at: wildvagabondss.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion your Seatbelt | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig