Saturday, 10 November 2012

THE RAIN ROOM

























Today I went to the much hyped about Rain Room at the Barbican. After queuing for just over two hours, I finally entered the exhibition space to dim lighting and the distant "pitter patter" of rain, and on following the curve of the venue around to the left, I was suddenly faced with the above scene.

In a nutshell, you walk into pouring down rain and don't get wet! Well, I felt a drop here and there...and if you move too quickly for the sensors the water hits you...but it's still a very impressive interactive exhibition and a surreal experience! If you have time I really recommend going, it's on until March next year - click here for all the info.  














































Has anyone else been? What did you think!? (I do have photos of what I wore by the way, but I'll post them separately). Hope everyone's having a great weekend xx
Share:

7 comments

  1. I have been! Thought it was extraordinary, and so great they only let 8 people in at a time, it's quite intimate for such a popular event. Glad you liked it too!

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151205850033959&set=a.10151209762538959.479493.523353958&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased you got to see this, it really does look amazing! Definitely adding it to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to go to this! I can't believe you queued for 2 hours though. I might have to wait a while until the hype's died down (and hopefully the queues!) and then visit! You've managed to capture some amazing photos too

    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh, how weird! But so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your comment!great pics!kisses from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was waiting for your post about this! It makes me sad that I didn't get a chance to see it myself, but at least its understandable that the queue takes so long as only 8 people get in at a time.

    adventureswithcupcake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this looks so amazing! I definitely need to do this at some point! xo

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion your Seatbelt | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig