Friday 20 January 2017

THE BARBICAN TOUR



I've have an interest in the Barbican since my first visit in 2011, which was to see 'Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion'. I've been back since for various shows and exhibitions; the rain room and Constructing Worlds to name a few, but only last month did I finally make time to go on one of their architecture tours.

The tour lasts for roughly 90 minutes, during which the guide talks history, design and the architects' initial intentions for the building; as you're in a small group there's also plenty of opportunity to ask questions. One of my favourite parts of the tour had to be the Conservatory, which, I'm sorry to admit now that I didn't even realise was there! The vibrant green foliage against the backdrop of concrete looks so unnatural and yet so beautiful. I also discovered you can have afternoon tea there so will definitely be booking that soon!







Gazing up at the vast concrete towers I couldn't help but think of the film High Rise.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashion your Seatbelt | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig